I love the blogging community I’ve been a part of for the past three years. I love how every blogger I’ve met has been so friendly and willing to help out fellow bloggers – like how they make a point to share the love when they discover a new blog. Case in point: blog awards. With hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of blogs out there, it is impossible to know about every single great blog, so these awards highlight awesome blogs that you may not know about yet. So imagine my surprise when I found out that 2 Punk Dogs nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards! Thanks, 2 Punk Dogs!
The requirements for the Beautiful Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards are:
- Copy the award logos and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Nominate other bloggers you admire.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
- One extra requirement for the One Lovely Blog award requires you to share 7 things about yourself.
Okay, so here goes … seven things about me (with a little Rufus and Turkey thrown in for good measure):
1. I have always had an uncanny ability to predict the future…or as I prefer to call it, a direct line to the Big Man Upstairs (my mother calls it “being a witch” – but that’s a story for another day). Case in point: I knew within 60 seconds of meeting Daniel that we were going to be married someday. Weird, right? I didn’t know this kid from Adam. He was dating his high school sweetheart. I was dating mine. But I just knew. After three years of friendship, we started dating. After nearly three years of dating, we got married. Called it!
2. Once I have driven someplace once, I can find it again without directions (with 98% accuracy).
3. If we are sleeping and Rufus wants our attention, he will shake his collar in our faces until one of us wakes up. It never occurred to me to purchase a dog tag silencer until yesterday. #facepalm
3. I cry at just about everything – and I feel intense emotions over things that have nothing to do with me. Love stories. Commercials. Movies where animals get hurt or die (I still haven’t seen All Dogs Go to Heaven for this reason – don’t even talk to me about Homeward Bound and the childhood trauma that movie caused). Television shows. You name it. It’s gotten to the point where Daniel automatically turns to see my reaction at any even slightly emotional commercial. It’s ridiculous. I don’t even want to think about how ridiculous I will be when we finally start having children.
4. I have a knack for taking conversations one step to far. My friends and I can be a bit snarky/crass/inappropriate at times. We get to bantering and things can get a bit wild. Then everyone else stops and I say the one thing that makes everyone turn around and go “Whooooooa! Too far! Too far!” It totally embarrasses Daniel. I blame this quality on my mother – the queen of inappropriate comments. I love you mom, but it’s totally true.
5. If I had it my way, all of our dogs would sleep in bed with us. Daniel
begrudgingly allows Rufus in bed, but that’s it. I’ve tried to get Turk to come into bed a bazillion times and he won’t do it (he follows Daddy’s rules). I may or may not have tried to get Polly to climb into bed a few nights after Daniel has fallen asleep. She won’t come up either. Apparently Daniel is the boss around here.
6. I had a childhood crush on Zak from Ferngully: The Last Rainforest. Apparently I, like many other children of the 80s, had a thing for mullets, tank tops, and baggy pants. Basically, a hipster. Oh, and I wanted to be a fairy really, really badly. I may or may not have run around touching the trees and exclaiming, “can’t you feel its paaaaainnnnn?” Overdramatic, much? You bet.
7. I lurve the friends I’ve made through my blog. I have yet to meet a blog friend in person and not immediately feel like I have known them forever. For instance, last year I got together with Helen from In Black & White, A & E from Two Pitties in the City, Kim & Scott from Yellow Brick Home, and Anita (blog reader and Chicago Sociabulls coordinator) while visiting Chicago. We chatted nonstop for hours and I immediately felt a connection with each and every one of them. I imagine I will have the same experience when I meet a couple of my other blog friends for the first time in October during a super secret trip to a super secret city for a super secret
job interview reason (Shhhh! Don’t tell! It’s a secret!). I can’t wait to meet ALL of my blog friends in person at some point. Who says you can’t develop relationships over the internet?!
Okay, enough about me, on to the super awesome blogs I am bestowing the Beautiful Blogger/One Lovely Blog Award to:
- Oh, Melvin – I cannot say enough good things about this blog! Melvin is hilarious. Tracey’s home is beautiful. I have not-so-discreetly informed Tracey that I plan to move into her home and take up residence there. That’s not weird at all, right?
- Pitlandia – Quite possibly my favorite new blog! Athena is a gorgeous brindle pittie living in one of my favorite cities of all time: Portland. What’s not to love?
- Married with Dawgs – Another Portland-based blog. Sarah (the lady behind the computer) is from Nebraska (like me!) and she is basically living my dream – owning a natural pet foods store in North Portland. Oh, and her recent post about her pup Hurley’s heroic act made me cry (which, as I pointed out, is typical for me).
- Wayward Dogs – Crystal and I connected in real life last fall when we realized that we both were from Nebraska, fostered pitties, enjoyed gardening, and bonus, lived just a few blocks from one another! We have since become good friends and co-founded the KC Pittie Pack together. Oh yeah, and her blogs is awesome.
- Pitter Patter – Such a cute photo blog! They ask for photo submissions from readers of pitties doing silly things and then add hilarious captions. Bonus: They have featured Ginger Rogers, Lucy Lou ( here, here, and here to name a few), and Polly Pocket several times!
- Mr. & Mrs. & Nola Kisses – Cute couple. Cute dog. Cute fosters. Living in a cute town (Portland, ME). Quite possibly too much cuteness for one blog!
- Two Kitties One Pittie – Katharine, the brains behind this blog, lives in Chicago with her husband and three rescue pets. She is smack dab in the middle of her PhD program and is on a never-ending quest to find the perfect dog food for her pittie, Zoe, who has crazy allergies. Her pets are adorable. Zoe likes to sit on tables. It’s fantastic.
And there you have it. Seven things about me (hope I haven’t weirded you out too much) and seven blogs I am currently crushing on (there are many, many more than that, but I was forced to narrow it to seven)! Thank you again to 2 Punk Dogs for nominating us – now I’m off to see if my trophy has arrived in the mail yet… there is a trophy associated with these awards, right?
* Time is running out for Kibble for Facebook Likes – can we do it?