**** THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED ****
Brandi started Chew Gourmet Dog Bones after her father had a health scare and she had to relocate from New York City to Salina, KS to be near him. While helping with the family business (a meat packing company that goes back three generations!), Brandi noticed that the top selling item for the company was their dog bones – people were driving in from all over to stock up! Brandi realized that people all over must be longing for fresh, all-natural, made-in-the-USA marrow bones – a healthy alternative to the treats and bones sold at big box pet stores. So, in 2005, Chew Gourmet Dog Bones was open for business! Starting the business even spurred Brandi to get a dog, which she hadn’t had since she was a kid. They adopted Dub (which is “Bud” backwards – they changed his name after finding out “Buddy” is the most popular dog name in the U.S.) and he became the face of Chew Gourmet.
When asked why she thinks it’s important to serve our dogs high quality, all-natural food and treats, Brandi explained, “because dogs are members of our families and deserve to have the same quality of food and treats that we would buy for ourselves and our children.” I couldn’t agree more, so I was psyched when Brandi gave me some of her fresh, all-natural, real marrow bones to try on Turk and Rufus. These bones are so fresh, they need to be kept in the freezer until you are ready to serve them – that’s fresh! Here is the assortment of bones Turk and Rufus got to try…
Turk was over-the-moon for these bones. He comes running every time I open the freezer, hoping that a delicious frozen bone will fall out.
Rufus is not as enthusiastic as Turk, but he will actually spend time chewing these bones, whereas others he will just look at in disgust before retreating to his hideaway under our bed. So, I’d say that is a pretty ringing endorsement from Sir Rufus…
And now is your chance to try out these delicious bones for your dogs! Brandi has generously offered up three bags of Chew Gourmet Dog Bones in the size of your choice (small, medium, or large).
- PRIZE: See above
- TO ENTER: Head on over to the Chew Gourmet Shop to check out the merchandise, then comment on this post with the phrase “GIVE A DOG A BONE!” and tell me which size of bone (small, medium, or large) you think your dog would like best.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 at Midnight CST.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: Three
- PRIZE VALID FOR: Anyone living within the 50 (nifty) United States.
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winners will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday, May 17th as an update to this post. I will also email the winners on the 17th to obtain mailing information to send their prizes.
- DISCLAIMER: I did receive some bones for free to try, but I also purchased another bag (at full price) because I loved the product so much. I was not given any payment to review Chew Gourmet Bones – but I was lucky enough that Brandi offered to give away a couple bags of gourmet bones to my readers to try for themselves.
** Congratulations to Rachel Kirby, Rebelwerewolf, and Mr. and Mrs. and Nola Kisses for winning the giveaway! I will be contacting you shortly! **