Okay, full disclosure? I am exhausted and totally forgot to schedule this blog post last night. And I just woke up and realized it about 30 minutes ago…so there you have it. Better late than never, right?
We were recently gifted with two blog awards from a couple of our favorite bloggers. Crystal from Wayward Dogs awarded us the Liebster Blog Award, which Sarah from Married with Dawgs also awarded us along with the Kreativ Blogger Award. As our good friend Sally Field would say, “You like me, you really like me!“
The Liebster Blog Award has pretty simple qualifications, meant to shine the spotlight on lesser known blogs with 200 followers or less.
1. I bite my nails. I know it’s gross, but I can’t stop. I bite them down to disgusting nubbins and feel ashamed afterwards, which is probably how Turk feels when I catch him acting out his nasty habit.
3. I often buy craft supplies with the intention of doing a project then completely forget about it.
4. I hate coffee. Diet Coke is my drug of choice. (I actually considered calling this blog “Digs, Dogs, and Diet Coke.”)
5. I’d like to buy an old dilapidated house and fix it up. Well, Daniel would fix it and I would decorate it.
6. My favorite feeling is cuddling under an electric blanket with Daniel and the pups.
7. Daniel and I sing made-up songs to each other at home and in the car…
8. I have inherited an annoying habit from my mom that whenever someone compliments my clothes or shoes, I respond with, “Thanks, I got it on sale!” My mom’s version of this is, “Thanks – Shopko special!“
9. Santa is Turk’s hero – this is the face he made when he overheard someone saying Santa wasn’t real.
10. We don’t exactly live in the classiest neighborhood known to man, but at least we have creative (kreativ?) neighbors… While I think this is uber tacky, I do giggle a little every time I drive by. Oh, potty humor…
Well, that’s all I’ve got…now to pass on the award lovin’ to some of my favorite bloggies! I think you are supposed to award 5 blogs with each award…but since I can’t decide who to award each one to, I decided to award both to 10 blogs. Yes, it’s cheating. But the good kind of cheating…
By the power invested in me, I bestow the Kreativ Blogger and Liebster Blog Awards to these blogs:
1. Pittieful Love – Pitties! Fostering! East coast living! What’s not to love? (and Knox is a.dor.a.bull!)
2. The Rehomesteaders – Rachael has been my friend since kindergarten and I was thrilled when she started her blog! She and her husband bought an old, dilapidated farmstead in Iowa and are slowly making it their own, one DIY project at a time. Oh, and did I mention they are doing this while raising two kids, a gaggle of animals (including horses, sheep, a doggy and kitties!) and with one of them in school?! Oh, and she posts delicious recipes all the time. Again, what’s not to love?
3. Of Pit Bulls and Patience – Pitties and fostering, fostering and pitties… and a Parker. Love me some Parker!
4. The Self Life – DIY diva Elisa tackles projects around the home with her husband and her pups… oh, and she’s really funny!
5. Peace, Love, and Fostering – I love reading about the adventures of CK Kid Baxter and his foster mom, Juliana (who has an awesome job that she writes about from time to time)!
6. A Heartbeat at my Feet – The ador.a.bull fostering adventures of Oscar and his parents. Love them!
7. Two Grad Students and a Pittie – As the title of the blog suggests, I have quite a bit in common with these bloggers, which is probably why I love to read their blog!
9. That Touch of Pit – Josh lives in NYC with his a.dor.a.bull pittie, Lucy. Love them!
10. Our Crazy Ever After – this chick is super funny and some of her posts make me literally laugh.out.loud. Oh, and Anita, her pup Apple looks JUST like Rufus….so you can get more of your Rufus-fix over there!
There are about 20 other blogs that I would have loved to feature, but I’m hoping that some of these other bloggers will choose them to spread the love. Now what are you waiting for?! Go check out these other blogs!