Looking on the brightside of a failed adoption.

November 17th, 2011 | Posted by Emily in Bungie Reviews | Doggies! | Fostering. | Ginger Rogers | Stuff I Love | Stuff that comes in the mail

Ginger being returned sucks…there is no denying it. But in my attempt to be positive and look on the bright side, I feel pretty lucky. Ginger’s failed adopter, Carly, not only was up against a very tough to know about BSL in her township (BOO TOWNSHIPS!)  but she also realized once she got Ginger home that she just didn’t have time for a dog like she thought she did. So, she was returning Ginger but had all this dog stuff that she all of a sudden had no use for. So what did she do? She gave it to me! I am talking a brand-new large crate, a Kong Wobbler, several rope toys, a stuffy, a nice leash, and…..a Sirius Republic collar!

Ginger is sporting the “Heidi” collar and she looks gorgeous! Fun fact: when I was trying to decide what kind of “adopt me” collar to get Ginger a few months ago, I was debating between the “Heidi” and “Pink Flowers” (which is what I ultimately chose).

So now not only does Ginger have her “Adopt Me” collar to wear to adoption events…

But she can also wear the “Heidi” when she finally finds her forever home! Aleksandra started a tradition of sending her fosters off in a Sirius Republic collar and I think that is a nice tradition to adopt for my fosters!

If you haven’t checked out Sirius Republic, please do! The quality of their products is wonderful, the customer service is stellar, and they will embroider your pup’s name on the collar for just $8 (or will embroider “Adopt Me” for free for your fosters)! They also donate 20% of their profits to animal rescues across the country! Need I say more? Go check them out!

* Also, if Ginger seems like your kind of dog and you are interested in adopting her, please check out her info on Petfinder! *

• avatar Two Grads says:

I cant wait for you to find Ginger the PERFECT foster home. In the meantime, I selfishly get to enjoy photos of her.

• I was admiring her collar from those other photos and thinking how fantastic she looks. I love that tradition and I love Sirius Republic!

• avatar Kirsten says:

Those are some excellent pluses! It is tough to be a foster mom sometimes–I’m now entertaining several applications for Fozzie and Sandy, would love to get at least one of them into a new home soon but there are so many things to consider in an applicant! Not sure any of the current ones for Sandy will work, alas.

I love the pink flowers collar and I actually looked for one for Sandy, as I agree that our little red pitties look wonderful in pink. But I can’t find it on the site! Is it tucked away in a special place?

Applications for Fozzie AND Sandy?! Whoa! That’s awesome! Paws crossed for both of them that the perfect fit will find them soon! As for the pink flowers collar, unfortunately, they discontinued that fabric RIGHT after I ordered it. I think I may have been one of the last ones to get it. You might consider the “Heidi” – I’ve received several compliments on it and it really does stand out against that gorgeous red fur! Then Ginger and Sandy could look even MORE like twins!

• avatar jen says:

bummer about the failed adoption but they are some beautiful neck gear!!

• avatar Mayzie says:

Awwww….Miss Ginger looks ever so luvly in her pretty collar. We keeps hearing about Sirius Republic but can you believe it? My mom STILL hasn’t checked them out. Now, I have abouts 3 collars but a girl can never have too many, you know.

Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

• avatar Kate says:

Ginger is so darn sweet. <3 her! That's too bad about the failed adoption, but hurray for free dog stuff!! :)

• What a great person to give you all that stuff! Ginger sure does make an impression, especially with those pretty collars! Give it time, she has a great home out there somewhere.

• Ginger is gorgeous and I know her happily furever after is just around the corner! I’m always impressed and grateful for people that can step on their on ego and do the right thing for the gog. Kudos to Ginger’s adopter! The right dog will come by at the right time for her.

OMD!!! Stumpy and I are seriously overwhelmed by all the comments and positive responses to Willie’s rescue. We’re working our way through your blogs and emails to thanks you individually.

I just want everyone to know that Stumpy and I were merely pawns in this rescue. The real thanks goes to Mayzie’s Grampa J who directed Willie’s rescue, The Briard network who ran to the rescue and to the Angel Lady who stepped up to the plate.

I know each and every one of us do whatever we can to support the animals, the rescues and each other in our quest to make the world a better place. Each little miracle is the direct result of like minded people doing what they can do.

Happy, Waggin’ Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me

• I am so jealous that you got a Kong wobbler! Yesterday I read the book “You Had Me at Woof” by Julie Klam. It’s a memoir of rescuing dogs. Several times, she references stories of huge bounties of expensive (and awesome) stuff that comes along with owner-surrendered dogs. Of course, her book takes place in New York City, so it’s lap dogs with dozens of designer sweaters and the plushest beds, etc.