Turk wants you to know that tomorrow is National Pit Bull Awareness Day!
While many other breeds enjoy general adoration from the public, pit bulls and other bully breeds have been branded with the dreaded title of “dangerous breed.” Many people make terrible assumptions about them without ever having met one in person, and the media does NOTHING to help the bad reputation that pitties have received over the years. While those of us in the pit bull community understand that just like labs, collies, beagles, or bloodhounds, pit bulls are just DOGS, the general public seems to have missed that memo.
Well, National Pit Bull Awareness Day is a day to show the world what wonderful dogs pit bulls really are!
- Volunteer at a local animal rescue!
- Educate yourself on the TRUTH about pit bulls and pass that information on to your friends and family!
- Foster a pit bull! (There is always a need for fosters – and pits especially have a hard time finding foster families!)
- Snuggle your pittie (or a friend’s pittie)!
- Donate to local rescues that advocate for pit bulls!
- Post a status on your Facebook wall advocating positive messages about pit bulls!
- Dress your pittie up and take him/her out in public so people can see what they are REALLY like!