I love pumpkins! Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkins as decorations….really, anything with pumpkin in it is okay in my book!
Here’s what I plan to make this weekend:
Looks delish, huh? Here’s the recipe below if you’d like to make it (courtesy of Real Simple, one of my fav mags)
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 24 cupcakesHands-On Time: 15mTotal Time: 40m
- 1 18.5-ounce box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 24 pieces candy corn
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.
** Update: Made these on Saturday afternoon (as a cake, not cupcakes) and Daniel gave it the big thumbs up! He was mostly just proud that I made a dessert without chocolate in it. I definitely recommend this one! **